Chris Kendall, WWS Dairy Consultant.
Chris is WWS leading dairy-herd management specialist in Australia.
A Dairy Science honours graduate from the University of Wisconsin USA, Chris has extensive practical knowledge about managing large dairies and the key KPI’s to make the dairy sustainable. He has managed several very successful large corporate grazing and free-stall dairies in Victoria.
Chris joined WWS 3 years ago, and oversees herd reproductive management on farms milking from 300 to 5,500 cows. He provides the reproduction technical training and analysis required to assist a dairy, and monitors the farm progress on a yearly basis.
Chris will cover:
• General overview of insemination techniques, gun loading, semen placement.
• Changes in timing of insemination (sexed and conventional semen).
• How new synchronisation programs and good compliance are producing more pregnancies.
• How semen conception rates (SCR) impact conception in your herd.
• Cow Manager – the new heat-detection, health and temperature alert system located in the ear of the cow.